You might have faced this problem in Ubuntu, this usually happens when you’ve installed compiz. When compiz isn’t able to install in ubuntu, then you will see blank screen after login no icons, no panels. Well I faced this problem. What i did for solution was uninstalled the compiz from attitude via. shell.
Other Solutions are >>
- After login Hold down
- Login with valid username and password.
- when you get to the shell type::
- After you are done, return to x-server by
or just restart.
$: sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop
- Sudo su-
- cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.orig
- dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver.xorg
- sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg